Here in PRETTYBIGTHINGS, We believe in Family core values, beginning with respect for and appreciation of others no matter how old, how young, where they come from, what they’ve experienced, where they are, how capable they are, how healthy they are, who they love. It extends to an individual’s choices of who they call family – what intentional, meaningful relationships they form.
Our value of family extends to the community, sisterhood, and brotherhood. Although we are united by this value, family means something different to each of us.
Hear from our customers what family means to them:
“Family for me represents the foundation of self, and unity of acceptance, unconditional sacrifices, joy, support and love that is built on a continuum of resilience, and journey in humility from the past, current, and future generations.”
- Sandy Baba, Ph.D., Education Researcher
“I feel family goes beyond bloodlines, last names or obligations. To me, the word ‘family’ includes all the people in our lives who commit to love and support us unconditionally. It is not a passive birthright but a choice, a discipline of kindness that helps us thrive both as individuals and as a society.”
- Fernando Barcelona, President / Creative Director, Barcelona, and Friends
“Holding on as one
Roots rich with stories of life
- Denise Boston, Ph.D., Dean of Diversity & Inclusion, California Institute of Integral Studies
“Family, broadly and inclusively defined, is the foundation for individual and community health, well-being and prosperity. Let’s join together to strengthen families, nurture positive relationships, and promote resilience and hope.”
- Anne Douglass, Ph.D., Founding Executive Director, Institute for Early Education Leadership and Innovation and Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts
“For me, a family is so much more than just the people I am related to, my family also consists of a supportive and caring group of friends who I can laugh and cry with. Without the strength of the community, I feel that I would not have as much hope to be the parent and person that I strive to be.”
- Kassia Eide (Board Secretary), SPARK Family Engagement Coordinator, Fox Valley United Way
“To me a family is whoever I can depend on for support, to laugh with, to play with, and to share the challenges and rewards of life with.”
- Beth Lakier, Chief Operating Officer, Chicago Commons
“We are family."
- Katthe Wolf, MA (President), Founding Partner, and CEO of Be Strong Families